Grant Making Website for Society of the Holy Child Jesus
Society of the Holy Child Jesus (SHCJ) is a registered charity that required a new website to support their grant making application process. The website needed to clearly articulate the principles, criteria, and processes for how grants are awarded. A key area of functionality was developing an online grant making application form that was easy to use, whilst capturing mandatory information with the ability to upload required documentation for the application process.
Website Design Considerations:
- Incorporate the existing logo and branding.
- Allow for the display of strong visuals and people imagery.
- Simple navigation to make it easy to access information.
- Clearly articulate the guidelines and how to apply process step-by-step.
- Promote charities that have successfully received funding.
- Form to capture mandatory fields with ability to upload documents of various formats- PDFs, Word and Excel.
- Capture and scope the requirements to support website build.
- Create a back-office process in Umbraco CMS to review submitted applications and documents with the ability to download submitted documents.
- Simple way to create and promote grant rounds and timings for when applications are open within the back office of Umbraco CMS.
- Display clear call to actions on the website for the Grant rounds as they are time specific to ensure it was clearly shown when applications are due.
- Generate awareness of how funding has supported and benefited various charities.
- Banner Modules that allow for single and/or multiple images with clear call to action buttons
- Call to action Module to display when Grant Applications are open and the deadlines for submission
- Grant Making Application Submission Form that captures the required information and submission of key documentation.
- Application submissions managed within Umbraco CMS back office – submitted applications are placed with key information including submission date and time along with the ability to download the documentation to support the review process.
- Featured Charities page showcasing how the Charities have used their funding.
- Simple contact form for additional enquiries.
Finally, to support the Grant Making team we delivered virtual Umbraco CMS training where the training was hands on with team members having their own access to follow the steps. Training was carried out in a staging environment that closely matches production to enable the team to become familiar in a safe environment prior to going live.